label.service.not.available
Choose quantity: Back
x 1
x 2
x 3
x 4
x 6
x 9
x 12
x 18

Choose the custom quantity to add to cart:

Platinum

This product is not subject to discounts and coupon application.

+
Discover more

Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Costasera

Item number: VFR00007 2019750
1
Choose the quantity of bottles to add to the cart:
x 1
x 2
x 3
x 4
x 6
x 9
x 12
x 18
Product not subject to discounts

Vintage: 2019

Denomination: Amarone Della Valpolicella DOCG

Grapes: Corvina Rondinella Molinara

Alcohol: 15 %

Format: 0,75 l

Type: Rosso

Region: Veneto

Origin: Made in Italy

Occasion: Sunday lunch

Pairing: Red meats

Allergens: Solfiti

SPECIFICATIONS

TASTING NOTES

The history of the Masi farm in Valpolicella began in 1772, when the Boscaini family bought some extremely important vineyards in the valley called Vaio dei Masi. Hence the name of the winery which, after 200 years and now the seventh generation of the Boscaini family, is capable of positioning itself as a world reference point for the production of Amarone and, year after year, is capable of perfecting the technique of the partial drying of the grapes, an art which has been carried out since ancient Roman times. The winery is one of the most important and renowned companies in the Veneto region. It is extremely active in safeguarding the old native vines and traditional Venetian viticulture techniques. Amarone della Valpolicella Costasera is made from Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara grapes. Fermentation takes place after about 120 days of partial drying of the grapes on bamboo racks. The resulting wine ages for 24 months, 80% in large barrels and the remaining 20% in barriques, followed by 4 months in bottles before release. It is an important red wine from Veneto, perfect for Sunday lunch with the family, displaying a very compact ruby red colour in the glass. On the nose it releases all its aromas, ranging from notes of ripe cherry and baked plum to roasted coffee and milk chocolate, not to mention delicate hints of cinnamon. Extremely balanced in the mouth, with a subtle alcohol element and soft, velvety tannins. Finishes with a good length. Wine for rich, flavourful dishes, try with game or aged cheeses, even spicy ones. Read more Read less
THE WINERY

Masi

Masi is an Italian company specialising in the production of excellent Veneto wines. His is the story of a family and its vineyards in Venice. The name itself derives from “Vaio dei Masi”, the small valley acquired in Valpolicella at the end of the 18th century by the Boscaini family, who still own it today. The use of indigenous methodologies and experimental techniques for wine production has made the Masi winery renowned locally and internationally. Still family-run, Masi is a worldwide benchmark for the production of Amarone, made using the ancient technique of partial drying of the grapes. With a great concern for the balance of nature and the enhancement of the surrounding area, the Masi winery is dedicated to organic and sustainable viticulture. Thanks to collaborations and partners in over 120 countries, Masi expresses the quality of Made in Italy on a global level. Name and address of producer/distributor: Masi - Via Monteleone 26, 37015 Sant'Ambrogio di Valpolicella (VR). Products from this winery should be stored in a cool, dry place away from heat sources.

Select a size

Read more

Read less