label.service.not.available

Campania

Campania, one of Italy’s oldest wine territories, releases great emotions in every glass. Signorvino's website features the best white wines from Campania, offering surprising value for money, style, elegance and character. Come with us on a journey through Campania, from the coast to the hinterland, to discover the most famous and important appellations, letting you taste the most iconic whites of this region. Campania Felix, described by the ancients as extremely fertile, can be at your doorstep in just a few clicks!
They remain 5
%
Award 3 Bicchieri i

This wine has been awarded by the Gambero Rosso Guide.

%
Collection i

Precious and collectible bottle kept in the Teca.

This product is not subject to discounts and coupon application.

Select a size

Campania

The best white wines of Campania 

Viticulture in Campania has ancient roots, so much so that its wines were already known in Ancient Rome. The Romans called it Campania Felix, where Felix designated an extremely well-suited, fertile territory, thanks to the volcanic soils present throughout the region, from the Flegrei fields region to Vesuvius. From a geographical point of view, this region comprises five winegrowing areas: the Caserta area, the area between Naples and Ischia, Irpinia, the Benevento area, and Cilento. In addition to its red wines, the region is famous for its whites, including Fiano di Avellino DOCG (Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita), Greco di Tufo DOCG, and Falanghina del Sannio DOC, not to mention a whole series of other very interesting designations, including Campi Flegrei DOC, Tramonti Costa d’Amalfi DOC, Vesuvio DOC and Campi Flegrei DOC. 

Major designations 

Fiano di Avellino, a variety of Greek origin, so loved by Frederick II of Swabia, is one of the emblems of Campania. According to its production protocol, it can be produced with a minimum of 85% Fiano, with Trebbiano Toscano and Coda di Volpe making up the remaining 15%. Greco di Tufo is another ancient variety, whose origin probably dates back to the first century BC, and even seems to have been depicted in a fresco in Pompeii. In addition to the still version, the production protocol also envisages a Greco spumante in extra brut and brut types, which must be aged on the lees for at least 36 months. The production area lies to the north of Avellino and extends to the borders of the province of Benevento, partly included in the territorial area of the Partenio regional park. 

Pairings to try 

Very versatile in pairings, Fiano di Avellino DOCG offers an intense straw yellow hue, and aromas of yellow fruit with mineral hints, a savoury palate and spicy finish. This is certainly one of Campania’s most famous whites. This icon of Campanian fine wine lends itself to the most varied pairings, starting with seafood appetizers, pasta and rice salads, shellfish and white meats. Don’t miss out on the classic combination with buffalo mozzarella; Fiano gives of its best in the pairing with this intense cheese, not overpowering it, but enhancing its freshness. The sparkling version of Greco di Tufo is a racy wine that can accompany a whole meal, such as a seafood platter of tiger prawns, or fried and raw fish. The still version would work too, but due to its structure and intensity, it also lends itself to more complex dishes, such as a delicious baccalà mantecato

More harmonious flavours and aromas 

Falanghina del Sannio is another white from Campania with a great personality, which is produced in a sparkling version - excellent with scallops -, while the still version, with faintly tropical aromas, is wonderful with a cuttlefish ink risotto. Among the best volcanic wines of Campania we must mention the Vesuvio and Campi Flegrei DOC designations. Falanghina from the latter designation, mineral and savoury on the palate, goes very well with red mullet, raw seafood and aubergine parmigiana. Falanghina del Vesuvio, often showing distinctive aromas of flint, with a tangy, attractive palate, is unforgettable with swordfish fillet flavoured with citrus fruits. In short, now that you have a few more ideas, all you have to do is indulge yourself and try various pairings, from both inside the region and beyond!