label.service.not.available
Choose quantity: Back
x 1
x 2
x 3
x 4
x 6
x 9
x 12
x 18

Choose the custom quantity to add to cart:

+
Discover more

Venezia Giulia Vespa Rosso

Item number: VFR01412 2018750
1
Choose the quantity of bottles to add to the cart:
x 1
x 2
x 3
x 4
x 6
x 9
x 12
x 18

Vintage: 2018

Denomination: Rosso IGT

Grapes: Merlot Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso

Alcohol: 13 %

Format: 0,75 l

Type: Rosso

Region: Friuli Venezia Giulia

Origin: Made in Italy

Occasion: Sunday lunch

Pairing: Red meats

Allergens: Solfiti

SPECIFICATIONS

TASTING NOTES

The mission of the Bastianich winery is to understand the history and culture of the land and take it to a new level, creating unique wines that speak of place, but, at the same time, show remarkable power and balance. The Friuli Venezia Giulia region is located in the northeastern corner of Italy. The Bastianich winery consists of 28 hectares of vineyards, all located in the Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC in two distinct areas. Ponca is the characteristic element of this hilly area of Eocene origin, consisting almost entirely of clayey marl alternating with layers of sandstone (calcified sands). The company founded in 1997 cultivates indigenous varieties, striving to create unique wines that speak of the area. Venezia Giulia Vespa Rosso is a Friuli red wine from Bastianich, made from a careful selection of Merlot and Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso grapes. A powerful yet balanced wine thanks to the complementarity of these two grapes. After careful harvesting, the grapes are pressed and then fermented in stainless steel with continuous pumping over. Vertical pressing is then carried out to facilitate the extraction of only the softer tannins. Afterwards, it is aged in barriques for 70% second passage and the remaining 30% in new barriques for 18 months. Once assembled and bottled, they rest in the bottle for about 18 months. Intense ruby red in colour, on the nose it is complex, with notes ranging from ripe fruit and spices to vanilla notes. On the palate it is very enveloping and has good length with a spicy and slightly mineral finish, all supported by well-balanced tannin. Try it during Sunday lunch, paired with red meats cooked on the barbecue. Read more Read less
THE WINERY

Azienda Bastianich

The aim of the Azienda Bastianich winery is to understand the history and culture of the area and to enhance it, taking it to a new level. To do this, they strive to create unique wines that speak of the place and its unique characteristics, while showing remarkable strength and a very delicate balance. The knowledge and study of innovative techniques will lead you to taste highly appreciated Friulian wines, rich in character, the silent narrators of an ancient tradition. The Friuli-Venezia Giulia region is located in the north-eastern corner of Italy, and is especially famous for its mountain villages and landscapes. The large Bastianich winery consists of 28 hectares (about 70 acres) and almost all of its vineyards are located in the Colli Orientali, in the Friuli DOC region. The original Buttrio / Premariacco vineyard, on the other hand, is located in the southern hills of the DOC. Let yourself be won over by the taste of Friulian white wines and their unique balance. Name and address of producer/distributor: Azienda Bastianich - Via Darnazzacco, 44/2, 33043 Cividale del Friuli UD. Products from this winery should be stored in a cool, dry place away from heat sources.

Select a size

Read more

Read less